Friday, September 14, 2007

Life ..

A few months ago, I ran into an old acquaintance of mine on the net. We used to live in adjacent buildings during our school years. Back then, I did not know her well .. our interaction was just a hi, hello and bye.

After this chance meeting, we exchanged a couple of emails. I told her about my family, and how everyone was doing. Our dads were colleagues in the same office back then. She replied back to say she was married, and had a son who had recently passed away from a cord blood transplant.

I read her email with a dry throat and wet eyes. Her son was barely 18 months old when this happened. I could only imagine her pain and sorrow .. of the daily struggle to face each day without your lil one .. of all the memories that were once a reality. She had sent me a link to a site that her hubby maintained. It was a chronicle of the events that took place before and after .. and of their journey thru it all.

No words of mine can describe that painful journey ..

Most of us in this world always assume our lives suck .. we hate our jobs .. we wish a better future for ourselves .. it is just human nature.

But for a minute, just reflect for a moment at those who are enduring more pain than us .. and realize how lucky we are .. how much better off we are .. and be thankful for our good life.

4 comments:

Mansi Trivedi said...

Thanks for your comment. I LOVE your blog. such a good writer!

Pri said...

this post reminds me of the lines
"i was complaining to god cos i had no shoes...until i met a man who had no feet" :)

its rather unfortunate that most of the times we need to see someone less fortunate than us to know how lucky we really are ...

Cosmic Joy said...

Thank you mansi .. the same goes for your blog as well.

Pri .. you are absolutely right .. it is true and unfortunately so .. everything is relative .. including pain and suffering. Just a hard fact of life.

just pk said...

i am truly touched...infact all of us live in a state thinking such things can happen only to others and are to be read in papers, we never realize that each one of is as normal as anyone we read or hear about...this reminds me of the time when I lost my cousin in Kargil war...and then we realized that my brother was as equal an army officer we read about in the newspapers...and times like this make us value life so much better...