Tuesday, December 4, 2007

On my way back home

Orange and Gray. These were the two colors that draped the sky last evening on my drive back home. Such a contrast.

The beauty of the natural sky at sunset, and against it, the ugly backdrop of man-made structures. Such a contrast.

All around me, people in cars talking to loved ones or listening to Christmas songs, and then up ahead, two cars smashed together, air-bags deployed, paramedics on the scene. Such a contrast.

And further along, a big hospital all decked up for the holidays with strings of lights on the trees, a big 'Seasons Greetings' sign on the roof, and inside the tiny windows, a game of life and death. Such a contrast.

As I kept driving, I could not but feel hope and despair at the mystery we call life. Such a contrast.

7 comments:

Deepali said...

Contrast exist in everything - in nature (beauty and then lots of ugliness - look at a lion kill a baby dear on NGC), in our minds (how many times you changed your POV, your decisions?), in our everyday life all the time.

One of the reasons I love the Kawloon sea front is that nature seems to merge so well with what is man made. Now this in most instances will just be my view of things but I love how the sea moves up into glass buildings and beautiful man made structures and you can see the mountain in the background and then the clear sky with clouds (help that the only time I really remember the sea front, I went when the weather was really good). I don't think it is impossible for man made things to be beautiful and to co-exist with beauty in nature. What I do think is that beauty and ugliness will always exist side by side just like happiness and sadness seem too.

Preethi said...

All these contrasts happened the same day???mmm...
Did you consciously look for them? Whatever may be the reason, nice poem like flow. i liked it.

Cosmic Joy said...

@deepali - you said it all. Contrast is a fact of life.

@preethi - All the contrasts actually happened in a matter of 20 mins .. its funny how blogging affects the way we see things. Its like we see everything through the prism of a blog. Do you guys also experience this?

Quaint Murmur said...

This is a beautiful post. I can actually envision all that you said.

Contrasts are beautiful and filled with despair all at once. A contrast in themselves. India seems to be built with contrasts. Around every corner and every street.

I frequently see the world through my blog's eyes. Then I wonder how to frame it and tell the world about it. I guess that happens to most people who love to write.

Lovely post,really.

Pri said...

yes its sad but true...
we live but in a spectrum and the ones in the middle dont know how to react cos thts where we can see both the extremities...:)

c'est la vie!

Cosmic Joy said...

@quaint murmur - you do an amazing job framing your views on your blog! And thanks :)

@pri - Merci beaucoup ..

Romila said...

Really like the way you voice your thoughts. Yep! Blogging does affect how we view things. We tend to be more observant, more detail oriented, more empathatic.