Thursday, October 18, 2007

Why is it always a man

Lately, I have been come across several blogs with a common theme. Each of these blogs portrayed the dark side of men. These portraits were drawn from personal experiences and real incidents.

I tried to capture these feelings in the following words. It's my first foray into the world of verses and rhymes. So be fore-warned.

All kinds of comments are allowed, but the author reserves the right to use them to his advantage :-)

you say we promise you the stars,
but all we do is break your hearts

you say we start with friendship
but end up wanting more than a 'friend'

you label us with various names
and claim that we play games

you call us dirty and perverted
that our minds are sick and totally corrupted

you say our ego is greater than everest
and you feel oppressed and suppressed

you say we only believe in physical beauty
that on the inside we are shallow and empty

you sit on venus and say we are from mars
and blame us for being so wierd and crass

You cry in the night, full of grief and pain
and you ask why .. why is it always a man.

7 comments:

Quaint Murmur said...

Do I detect a slight trace of annoyance at the fact that women are always pointing fingers at men :P ?

In my opinion, I am very well aware of the fact that there are a number of wonderful men out there, who do cherish the women in their lives and treat them with respect.

That being said, I've seen [and most women have] a larger number who absolutely don't give a shit about their women, so forgive my highly streamlined views on the subject!

That ALSO being said, I think that sometimes, the women are responsible for how they bring men up.

My mom always tells me if I had a brother, he would do the chores along with me. But I know mothers who bring their sons up like precious little gems while their girls are just there- like additions to be thrown around for all the work etc etc...so I think women themselves should get out of this rut and make the men around them sensitive to their needs.

*sighs* I have too many views to give out on this subject. From the length of this comment, I think I should probably get around to posting about it.

Cosmic Joy said...

Hmm .. I tried my best to be objective in my post without portraying any of my true feelings ;)

I am not at all annoyed. I was just trying my hand at poetry .. so :P back at you!

That being said, I look forward to the next male-bashing post on your blog!

Quaint Murmur said...

hahah...

alright, the cheeky grin is accepted.

male-bashing? *looks puzzled* what male-bashing?

maybe i must write a glowing tribute to some of the finer specimens out there...teehee.

that being said, the poem is quite thought-provoking.

Pri said...

hmm something to ponder on...
well i do believe in once in a while male bashing :p but i also agree tht all guys arnt the same and definitely they have to be given the benefit of doubt :D..its definitely not fair to stereotype...Besides its always the "character" and not the "gender" wch makes someone responsible for his/her wrongdoings...:)

just pk said...

well, i have to admit that we woman have the tendency...and also that i have been bullshitting guys on my blog too...but that is like how men do 'wife' beating in a joke...but jokes apart...true that we talk a lot on guys who do wrong...i also agree that woman do equally wrong...but you know what? damage is more to woman...that is the difference...well..for a change i have been writing a lot on woman too.. :)so there can be two sides of the story...

Amol Naik said...

Blame Mother Nature!
Our brains are engineered that way.
Not everything you wrote is true. But nice attempt!

And,
A lot of stuff can be written on your species too!!!!!!!

And,
A positive cannot be positive without a negative.
+ = -

Cosmic Joy said...

Thank you all for the comments.

@ Amol, just to set the record, I think you and I both belong to the same "male" species :-)