Thursday, October 4, 2007

Anniversary wishes

Thirty-six years!

That is the number of years that my parents have been married. My mom was 18 and my dad was 24 when they got married. It was a love marriage but luckily within the same community .. otherwise I am not sure if I would have been here writing this :-)

I called to wish them this morning from work. They were getting ready to go out for dinner with my brother and bhabhi. I asked mama what papa had bought her as a gift. She laughed at my silly question and gave the phone to him.

"It's not Diwali yet" was his reply. When they were visiting us a few months back, he had made a promise to get her a diamond mangal-sutra, something she had wanted for some time now. My father never buys anything impulsively .. one has to put in a lot of effort to get something .. and especially jewellery!

"I will keep reminding you" was my response back as I smiled.

They were still on my mind long after I hung up the phone .. and I realized how much I miss them.

Happy Anniversary mama and papa.

2 comments:

Pri said...

heyy heres wishing ur mom and dad belated anniversary wishes...
sorry a lil late...but neverthless wishes are for a lifetime full of happiness together...:)

Cosmic Joy said...

Thanks!